Advanced Protection. Advanced Technology
FlowMatrix’s RepelCoat system protects against corrosion by forming a hard-wearing barrier that bonds with steel and repels corrosive elements. RepelCoat protects the interior and exterior of your cooling tower, as well as pipework, vessels and concrete bases.
The importance of preventing corrosion
- Corrosion interferes with water treatment programs and mechanical maintenance.
- Where there’s corrosion, Legionella bacteria is likely to be present. Increased levels of Legionella bacteria compromise risk management, safety and compliance.
- Once a basin is corroded, the process can accelerate quickly. Without effective intervention, large sections – or the whole tower – may need to be replaced at significant cost.
RepelCoat effectively protects against corrosion and is suitable for all steel cooling towers, including Aquacool, BAC (Baltimore Air Coil), Coolmaster, Evapco, F Muller, Fibreflow, Fibre Tech, Gatorade, Hamon, Hydrothermal, Lakeside, Linear, Marley, Muller and Radic.
Cooling Tower Coatings (internal and external)
Basins, casing, fan snout, fill pack supports, drift eliminator supports, fan drives and shafts, pipework, sumps, access hatches
Suitable for cooling towers, condensers, fluid coolers and associated equipment
Pipework Coatings and Vessels
Cooling tower pipes, chilled water pipes, ammonia receiver vessels
Concrete Coating Applications
Chemical bund areas, CIP areas, plant rooms
The FlowMatrix RepelCoat System
- Includes surface preparation to AS 1672.4
- Leaves an extremely hard-wearing surface
- Bonds to steel, will not lift away; any damage will be localised to the affected area
- Designed to withstand cooling tower water treatment programs
- Able to withstand high or low pH, high salt levels
- Not affected by biocides such as chlorine
- Reduces the growth of Legionella bacteria by eliminating corroded surfaces
- Stops leaks
- Extends the life of cooling tower
To protect steel cooling tower surfaces and to help prevent the growth of Legionella bacteria, contact us today about RepelCoat.