Get the access correct the first time!
FlowMatrix is a cooling tower access specialist that will ensure you are fully compliant with:
- Australian Standards
- State Government Regulations
- Risk Management Plans (RPM)
FlowMatrix not only offers the manufacture and installation of access platforms, ladder systems and handrails to AS 1657-2018 regulations, but also to State and Federal requirements for the control of Legionnaires Disease.
A lot of companies offer access solutions, but FlowMatrix offers this service only for cooling tower access.
FlowMatrix design and install access platforms and walkways to ensure the safety of technicians and inspectors when working on cooling towers. Access is complete and safe to all cooling tower components for the ongoing maintenance, water treatment, repairs, and inspections.
We specialise in the assembly of new platforms, as well as the upgrade and modernisation of older and unsafe access points to meet workplace safety standards.
Contact FlowMatrix today to arrange the inspection and upgrade of your current cooling tower platforms.
New cooling tower installation:
FlowMatrix supplies new cooling towers and installs them in accordance with the Australian Standards AS/NZS3666 Part 1 and Part 2.
There are many brands, makes, types and options of new cooling towers on the market, such as fiberglass, steel, crossflow, counterflow, low profile, low noise, high efficiency, and easy maintenance.
FlowMatrix offer you a cooling tower selection service, advising what unit is best for you, pricing, and installation service based on the following factors:
There are many cooling tower manufacturers in the world but unfortunately, they mostly build their cooling towers overseas. There is local content in Australia where companies import the parts or cooling tower sections, and factories or sites assemble the units.
Critical purchasing decisions:
- Does it fully comply with Australian Standards AS/NZS3666?
- Does it have safe access, and does it allow compliance with State Government Regulations or the control of Legionnaires Disease?
- Performance / design duty.
- Safe and compliant access for ongoing maintenance.
- Modular components to comply with State Government Regulations. Fill pack, drift eliminators, splash louvers, water distribution system, coils, and fan drives.
- Non-corrosive or protected surfaces to reduce Legionnaires Disease risk.
- Compliant drift eliminators to AS/NZS3666 to reduce Legionnaires Disease risk.
- Does the unit have parts that can be sourced locally to replace failed parts at short notice?
- Do you have a maintenance service that meets the requirement of the manufacturer’s operation and maintenance instructions?
FlowMatrix installs cooling towers in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation procedures. We design and install new support structures that support the basin correctly, in line with the manufacturer’s specifications to stop movement and cracking. Units are sealed and assembled to avoid water leaks, following the correct cranage and lifting practices.
Access platforms are designed and installed in line with Australian Standards and in line with State Regulations for the control of Legionnaires Disease. This involves ensuring that we price for full access to the fan drives, the access hatches, water distribution system and all interior components and surfaces.
Retro-fitting safe access is very expensive once a new cooling tower has been installed. If not carried out at the installation stage, poor access will be picked up on mandatory State Government Risk Management Plans (RMP) and will need to be actioned at the owner’s cost.
Once installation is complete, rest assured that we also specialize in maintaining cooling towers as per the manufacturer’s operation and maintenance instructions. We offer a routine cleaning service to meet State regulation requirements and can also provide spare parts, repairs, and a local breakdown service.
Rapid delivery of service and parts:
As time moves on, even quality cooling tower parts will become old and brittle.
FlowMatrix stock a full range of parts here in Australia, for fast dispatch of motors, fans, fill pack and drift eliminators.
Having a local supplier can reduce downtime by weeks.